Jacksonville Police Department Traffic Accident Reports

If you have been involved in a serious traffic accident that was responded to by the Jacksonville Police Department, it is highly recommended that you request a copy of your accident report.

Serious vehicle accidents often leave victims with an assortment of medical bills, property damage, and a loss of income. Traffic collision reports are filled out by the responding officer, which contain important information that can help ensure you get the most money for your suffering.

Here is how you can get a copy of your Jacksonville Police Department accident report.

How to Request a Copy of Your Jacksonville Police Department Accident Report

According to the City of Jacksonville’s official website, you may request a copy of your report in-person or via U.S. mail. Expect to wait roughly 10 days until your report becomes available.

Requesting Your Accident Report In-Person

You may visit the Jacksonville Police Department to request your report in-person.

Jacksonville Police Department
206 North Marine Boulevard
Jacksonville, NC 28541
Get directions

The front desk is open Monday through Sunday, 8am to 12am. Don’t forget to bring valid government issued identification and a form of payment.

Requesting (and Receiving) Your Accident Report Through U.S. Mail

You may request your accident report through the mail by sending your request to the Jacksonville PD. Make sure to include the following items:

  • Your personal information.
  • Your connection to the accident.
  • A copy of your photo ID
  • Payment
  • A self-addressed, stamped envelope

Important Notes about Requesting Your Report:

  • The Jacksonville Police Department does charge a fee for traffic accident report requests if your report is 3 pages or more. If this is the case, a report costs $0.15 per page or $0.35 a page if printed in color.
  • Your request will be reviewed before your report is released.
  • If you have any questions, you may call the Jacksonville PD at 910-455-4000.

Injured in a Car Accident?

Contact Attorney Albritton of Irons & Irons P.A., an experienced car accident lawyer in Greenville, NC. Request a free, no obligation case review. We can help you get the compensation you deserve.


1 Star2 Stars3 Stars4 Stars5 Stars (1 votes, average: 5.00 out of 5)