Greenville Police Department Traffic Accident Reports

Greenville Police Department Traffic Accident ReportsIf you have been involved in a serious traffic accident that was responded to by the Greenville Police Department, it is highly recommended that you request a copy of your accident report.

A traffic accident report is filed by the police officer who responded to your crash and contains all the important facts and statements related to your accident. This report is used as evidence by the courts and insurance companies so it is important to review your report’s accuracy. An accident report can help assure you are compensated for your losses.

Here is how you can get a copy of your Greenville Police Department accident report.

How to Request a Copy of Your Greenville Police Department Accident Report

According to the City of Greenville’s official website, you may request a copy of your report in-person, through postal mail, or online. Expect to wait roughly 5-7 business days before your report is processed and made available.

Requesting Your Accident Report In-Person

You may visit the Greenville Police Department to request your report in-person at the Records window within the main lobby.

Greenville Police Department
500 S Greene St
Greenville, NC 27834
Get directions

The Records Window is open Monday through Friday, 9am to 4:30am. Don’t forget to bring valid government issued identification.

Requesting (and Receiving) Your Accident Report Through the Mail

You may request your accident report through the mail by sending your request to the Jacksonville PD. Make sure to send a self-addressed, stamped envelope containing the following information:

  • Name
  • Report number
  • A check for $5.00

Mail your request to the Greenville Police Department Records Division:

Greenville Police Department
Records Division
P.O. Box 7207
Greenville, NC 27835

Requesting (and Receiving) Your Accident Report Online

You may request your accident report online by clicking the following link: Greenville Police Department’s Crash Report Database. You must enter at least one of the following to search the database for your report:

  • Name
  • Report number
  • Date of crash
  • Street name

Once found, you can save or print a copy for your records.

Important Notes about Requesting Your Report:

  • The Greenville Police Department does charge a fee for traffic accident report requests if you request an accident report through the mail. A mailed request costs $5.00. This fee is waived if you submit your request in-person or online.
  • Your request will be reviewed before your report is released.
  • Reports will not be faxed and report requests are not accepted over the phone.
  • If you have any questions, you may call the Greenville Records Staff Support Specialists at 252-329-4325.

Get Help Today

Have you or someone you love been involved in a serious car accident? With Harry Albritton of Irons & Irons P.A., our team of car accident lawyers is dedicated to providing clear and timely legal advice. Contact us to schedule a free case evaluation. Let us help you get the compensation you deserve.


1 Star2 Stars3 Stars4 Stars5 Stars (1 votes, average: 5.00 out of 5)